Kevin Doughan is an Associate Solicitor and joined the firm in 2014.
Kevin leads our Wills and Probate Unit. Prior to joining the firm Kevin practised in Dublin for over ten years specialising in probate, estates and taxation.
Kevin is a qualified Estate and Trust Practitioner (TEP) and designated member of the Society of Trust and Estate Practitioners (STEP). STEP is a unique global organisation dedicated to the advancement of knowledge in this area and whose members are professionals specialising in wills, trusts, estates, executorships, administration and related taxes.
He has been involved in many litigious cases concerning challenges to wills, applications under Section 117 of the Succession Act 1965, promissory estoppel claims and legal right share claims.
Kevin also advises business owners on business succession, wealth preservation and tax efficiency. He is experienced in advising on the transfer of all assets, the creation of all forms of trust with particular emphasis on asset protection trusts, and discretionary trusts for incapacitated beneficiaries.
Kevin is a member of Solicitors for the Elderly which is an independent national association of solicitors and barristers concerned with improving the availability of specialist legal advice to older and vulnerable people, their families and carers. He advises on all elderly care matters including wardships, enduring powers of attorney and the Fair Deal Scheme.
- Lectures at the Law Society of Ireland on the STEP Diploma in relation to estate litigation and contentious disputes on wills
- Lectures at Mary Immaculate College on elderly care issues for the Masters of Arts in Education and Wellbeing of the Older Person
- Regularly presents seminars on wills, wealth succession, taxation and elderly care issues
- Member of Solicitors for the Elderly
- Member of the Society of Trust and Estate Practitioners (STEP)
- University College Dublin, BCL
- Law Society of Ireland, Diploma in Residential Property Tax, Probate & Taxation.
- Law Society of Ireland, Diploma in Commercial Conveyancing
- Law Society of Ireland, Certificate in Banking Law.
- Law Society of Ireland, Diploma in Insolvency and Corporate Restructuring.
- Law Society of Ireland, Diploma in Estates and Trust Planning
- Estate and Trust Practitioner (TEP)
Winner of Best Employer: Talent Development and Workplace Wellness Award 2017
Finalist - Property, Planning and Probate Team of the Year 2015 and 2016
Winner of Munster Law Firm of the Year 2012, 2014 and 2015
December 21, 2018
Recently we have been involved in a number of estates which have involved the concept of domici...
December 10, 2018
Trusts are often seen as the preserve of the very wealthy only but they can actually be used by...
November 05, 2018
It is important to frame a will in the appropriate manner to ensure dwelling house relief can b...