John Ringrose is a Partner in our litigation department and joined the firm in 2006.
John specialises in personal injury actions, litigating in the Circuit and High Court. He also practises in a wide range of private client areas including defamation actions.
- Formerly a law lecturer and tutor in University College Cork.
- John has recently given a presentation to the Down Syndrome Ireland and presented a seminar on wards of court applications to HSE mental health professionals.
- University College Cork, BCL, LLM
- University of Limerick, B.Ed.
- London School of Economics and Political Science, M.Sc in Regulation
- Diploma in Healthcare Law, Law Society of Ireland
- Admitted to the Law Society of Ireland
Insurance litigation, defamation and environmental disputes are key areas of strength at Holmes O'Malley Sexton, which is also increasingly active in contentious construction matters. The team, which is based across the firm's offices in Dublin and Limerick, also regularly handles litigation in the public sector, including judicial review proceedings and regulatory matters for healthcare and education entities. Managing partner Harry Fehily is active in a range of commercial disputes and also strong for mediation. Other key contacts include new partners Michael Murphy, who specialises in financial services and insurance litigation, with additional expertise in data protection matters, and Pat McInerney, who regularly acts for public sector bodies.
Winner of Best Employer: Talent Development and Workplace Wellness Award 2017
Winner of Munster Law Firm of the Year 2012, 2014 and 2015
January 24, 2020
It has been an exceptional year in terms of our team gaining further qualifications, training a...
October 25, 2018
We are delighted to announce the opening of our new Cork office, headed by Partner John Ringros...
June 28, 2018
European and Irish courts have found that the MIBI is an emanation of the State, and as such, i...