George Kennedy is a Partner in our corporate and commercial department, having joined the firm in 2011 from A&L Goodbody Solicitors, where he worked since 2005.
George has particular expertise in the following:-
- Corporate acquisitions and disposals
- Corporate restructuring
- Corporate investments (including venture capital funding)
- Corporate governance
- Commercial agreements (including terms of sale and purchase, distribution agreements and warehousing agreements)
- General commercial law advices (including website terms and conditions, data protection, advertising, consumer protection and food and beverage labelling advices).
- Associate of the Irish Taxation Institute
- Director of Limerick Chamber
- Member of Advisory Group at Innovate Limerick
- University College Dublin, BBLS
- Law Society of Ireland, Diploma in Financial Services Law
- Law Society of Ireland, Diploma in Intellectual Property and Information Technology Law
- Registered Tax Consultant, Irish Taxation Institute
- Admitted to the Law Society of Ireland
"HOMS Solicitors introduced us to our strategic investor and executed on the transaction on time and on budget. First class."
“HOMS Solicitors are very strong, both on legal technicalities and the practicalities of closing agreements with different international parties”
George Kennedy - Recognised Practitioner
George Kennedy – Next Generation Lawyer
Holmes O'Malley Sexton’s team is led by the ‘outstanding’ George Kennedy, who is based in Dublin; Kennedy advised the shareholders on the sale of Barringtons Hospital to Bons Secours Group. In Limerick, senior associate Shane Costelloe impresses with his ‘work rate and attention to detail’.
Winner of Best Employer: Talent Development and Workplace Wellness Award 2017
Next Generation Lawyer: George Kennedy
Holmes O’Malley Sexton shows the ability to ‘simplify rather than complicate legal issues’. Recent work includes a number of multimillion-euro M&A deals, as well as advising NVMdurance on a series A funding round. The ‘very solution-driven’ George Kennedy heads the practice from Dublin, with some colleagues being based in Limerick.
Winner of Munster Law Firm of the Year 2012, 2014 and 2015
July 23, 2019
Consolidation is on the rise in the insurance industry, with significant M&A activity over ...
July 03, 2019
I hope you are enjoying the summer. We have had a busy six months since our last edition.We...
May 16, 2019
A software solution for visitor attractions, a wine with a distinct Irish flavour, a company th...