Our corporate recovery, restructuring and insolvency team has built its’ reputation by providing expert advice on all contentious and non-contentious corporate recovery, restructuring and insolvency matters.
We provide legal support to:-
- Boards and shareholders of domestic and international corporate clients
- Insolvency practitioners (liquidators, receivers and examiners)
- Lending institutions
- Public sector bodies
- Buyers and sellers of distressed companies, businesses, properties and other assets.
In providing our corporate recovery, restructuring and insolvency services we draw on our multi-disciplinary team of lawyers who are experts in:-
- Banking and finance
- Real estate
- Litigation and dispute resolution.
Our corporate restructuring services include acting for corporate clients in both advisory and transactional work. We regularly act for financial institutions and borrowers in loan restructurings and refinancing.
We support leading Irish insolvency practitioners (liquidators, receivers and examiners), financial institutions, investors, creditors, directors and shareholders as they navigate corporate recovery, restructuring and insolvency.
Advising company directors on matters such as reckless trading, fraudulent trading, misfeasance and restriction or disqualification, we focus on strategic and practical solutions. We act for shareholders in exercising their legal rights against companies or directors who have engaged in wrongful conduct or minority oppression.
Collaborating with advisers, such as major accountancy and taxation firms, we develop innovative ideas and practical solutions for our clients. By drawing on a depth of expertise from within the firm, we provide multi-dimensional advice to our clients on the increasingly challenging and technically complex areas of corporate recovery, restructuring and insolvency.
Understanding the complexities of financial distress is only part of the equation. Technical and industry knowledge enables us to deliver solutions that are tailored to your business needs.
- Successfully representing a public sector client in a bankruptcy adjudication which was appealed to the Court of Appeal on foot of the High Court’s refusal to dismiss the bankruptcy summons
- Advising buyer in the acquisition of a pharmaceutical company in liquidation
- Acting for the buyer of a technology company in financial distress
- Acting in the appointment of a receiver and the subsequent sale of properties by the receiver
- Representing a corporate client in a court application for the appointment of a provisional liquidator
- Acting for a receiver in relation to the disposal of mixed used properties.