We were delighted that HOMS Solicitors and staff were recognised and honoured by winning the Limerick Chamber Regional Business Awards 2017 Best Employer: Talent Development & Workplace Wellness Award category at the awards ceremony on 17th November at the Strand Hotel, Limerick.
We would like to congratulate and thank all of our staff who have worked so hard on our wellness and talent development initiatives which has resulted in this win.
These programmes and initiatives form part of our journey and continuing commitment to our 2020 plan which aims to make HOMS Solicitors a great place to work and to provide pathways for talent development.
Donal Creaton, who oversees HR at the firm, commented:
“We at HOMS take great pride in providing a great place to work and looking after the wellness of all of our staff members. We have a terrific bunch of people working here at HOMS without which our success would not be possible.”
Managing Partner, Harry Fehily, added:
“We also thank Dr Hugh O’Donnell and his team at Ingenium for all their assistance in working through the HOMS 2020 plan without which the success would not have been achieved.”
Some of the programs of note include:
WELLNESS (HEALTH, WELLBEING, SOCIAL ENGAGEMENT, NETWORKING AND STRESS RELIEF)
• Pieta “Darkness Into Light Walk”
• Pieta “100 Cycle”
• Shannon Runway Walk
• University of Limerick Blanket Run
• HOMS Fittest Company Challenge, Great Limerick Run – training programmes and the event
• Business Tennis League, Limerick Lawn Tennis Club
• Medical assessments and health checks
• Health and nutrition talks and assessments
• Optical appointments
• Leadership Programme
• Trainee Programme and Co-op and Graduate programmes – we are rated 6th out of the top ten 2017 legal graduate programmes
• In house training and upskilling
• Educational Assistance Scheme
• Secondment opportunities
• Innovative Transition Year Programme.
Huge thanks and congratulations to everyone who planned or participated in these events.
The other two finalists shortlisted in this category were EY and Uber for their significant wellness and talent development initiatives. Special thanks and appreciation also go to VHI the sponsors of this award.