We have an expert team dedicated to providing legal services in the areas of:
- Corporate Governance
- Corporate Finance
- Mergers & Acquisitions
Our corporate team advises regularly on all aspects of company law including:
- Company formation
- Company maintenance
- Company restorations
- Director and shareholder meetings
- Related party transactions
- Corporate capacity
- Capital maintenance
- Directors’ duties and responsibilities
- Directors’ indemnity insurance
- Public disclosure and compliance issues
- The role of the auditor
We also advise on best corporate governance practice including:
- Codes of business conduct and ethics in the private sector
- The interaction between shareholders, the company and its board of directors
- Shareholders’ rights
- Directors’ personal liability issues
- Articles of Association
- Shareholders’ agreements
- Transactions concerning directors, including director contracts, remuneration and compliance
We have drafted and negotiated shareholder agreements in a number of different sectors. We also have extensive experience in company reconstructions and other corporate reorganisations including applications for related stamp duty reliefs and all ancillary company law advices.
Our team advises companies on:
- Private equity
- Venture capital
- Syndicated investments
- BES investments
- Government funding in the form of equity and grant agreements
Mergers & Acquisitions
We have been engaged extensively in acquisitions, disposals of businesses and companies, management buyouts and joint ventures on behalf of our clients. We have a multi-disciplinary team, which deal with all aspects of our clients’ transactions in an extensive range of sectors.
Our clients range from start up companies to subsidiaries of international organisations to large private and public indigenous companies.
Holmes O’Malley Sexton is in demand for distressed asset sales and restructurings, and acted for the BDO receiver during the sale of Kilkenny Limestone Manufacturing to Kilkenny Limestone Quarry, a matter which was led by the ‘technically strong’ Siobhán Buckley.
Legal 500 EMEA 2013 - Corporate and Commercial
Holmes O’Malley Sexton’s Siobhan Buckley is ‘strong technically and a good team player’. It completed a fundraising for an Irish technology company that includes private equity, venture capital and BES investment.
Legal 500 EMEA 2012 - Corporate and commercial